Find Your Coding Zen
Follow your path to coding enlightenment.
Become a web developer on our 6-month Fast-Track Training & Work Experience Programme
How It Works
- We train web developers to be job-ready in six months, using a combination of training and work experience.
- Working with our clients, we earmark permanent entry-level web development positions in suitable agile teams, who are practising full-stack web development with Ruby.
- The training program begins with 12 weeks of intensive, classroom-based study, covering everything you need to know in order to become a successful web developer.
- Following successful completion of the training program, we hire the best of our trainees on a contract basis and place them on real-world client projects, whilst giving them the support, training and guidance required to grow into an entry-level role.
- Within 6-8 weeks of the second phase, we aim to secure offers of permanent employment from our hiring partners, for all of our trainees.
Learn To Code
Our hands-on, intensive, full-stack, agile web development training course shows you all that you need to know to become a web developer.
Procedural Programming With Ruby
- Control Statements
- Data Structures
- Advanced Ruby concepts
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Design Patterns
Databases & SQL
- Active Record
HTTP & REST
- RESTful architecture
HTML & The DOM
- HTML 5
- Front-end frameworks
- PSDs versus Responsive Design
- Asset Pipeline
- Half Term
Ruby on Rails
- Nested Routes & Forms
- HAML, SASS, Action Mailer
- AJAX & JSON
- Devise & Security
- Geolocation & Mapping
Agile Web Development
- User Stories
- Git workflows
- Work on a week-long project in a group
Building Scalable Web Apps
- Pagination, Sorting, Searching
- Distributed services
- Background tasks
- Buliding Ruby Gems
- API design
Final Project Classroom
- Build an app from scratch
- Two 1 week sprints
- 1:1 Code to test ratio, > 90% test coverage required
- Present to industry
Paid apprenticeship in a real web development team,
working with your mentor.
Dan Garland has over ten years experience in creating web applications. After graduating from the University of Bristol with a Computer Science degree, he went on to run a Ruby consultancy, specialising in full-stack web development, working with start-ups and agencies.
He has been teaching web development for two years as the lead instructor at We Got Coders. Previously he has taught in New York with General Assembly and has spoken at several coding workshops and meet-ups in London.
Dan cares more about making his students web developers, than reproducing the factory format of similar development boot camps. He cares about his students and invests time and effort in them, even outside of office hours. I was able to go from having no real understanding of Ruby to being able to understand and create complicated server side apps.
Dan has an amazing leadership ability which is a source of inspiration for all of his trainees to complete such a demanding course. I am impressed with the amount of information that I was able to absorb as a result of my training, which has totally changed the way that I see developing web applications.
Dan is a patient, hard-working and enthusiastic teacher. He was dedicated to teach us the absolute most that is possible within the timeframe and his amount and breadth of knowledge never ceased to amaze me. As a person he is very easy-going and approachable yet very professional. I feel privileged to be his student and mentee.
Dan is a patient and able teacher and welcomed questions and comments to further our education. I recommend Dan if you're looking to learn web development or if you need a project built. He's very speedy, knows Rails like the back of his hand, and is an expert in many aspects of developing for the web.